With Focus, you have the option of using an integrated Gift Card system to automatically track all gift cards used by you or your chain of stores, This is the preferred method of providing a gift card program to your customers because with an automated integration with Focus, you can manage your Gift Cards easily and without much effort. However, if you must sell a Gift Certificate without using an integrated Gift Card system, this can only be accomplished using menu items.
By default, your Payments canvas should have a "Sell Gift Certificate" and "Redeem Gift Certificate" buttons. If you do not see these, please contact the Focus POS CA Helpdesk for assistance.
- Find your Payments canvas and look for your Gift Certificate buttons
- Press "Sell Gift Certificate"
- Enter an amount you want to sell for.
- Enter the Gift Certificate (This can be any number you want to track it by, or by whatever number is printed on your paper certificate
- Once a certificate number is entered, you can then tender out the check as normal to Cash, Credit, etc. You may then want to reprint a copy of the check, along with getting customer information so you can ensure you are redeeming the correct amount and gift certificate # in the future.
Once a customer is ready to redeem the Gift Certificate:
- Ring up the items on the check as normal
- Navigate to your Payments canvas and press "Redeem Gift Certificate"
- Enter the amount you wish to take off the check by referencing your saved copy of the receipt or by some other manual tracking process you created. You can then enter that Gift Certificate number for tracking purposes.
Make sure not to over-tender the check unless you have settings and options in place to handle an over-tender with change or credit going back to the customer. This method of Gift Certificate payment is meant as a manual process or as a hold-over option until you get Focus Gift Cards integrated with your system.