Printing Two (2) Languages in Kitchen
Focus has the ability to print two different languages on the kitchen chit by utilizing the recipe file in the menu item setup.
This process will not work when using 'Append Guest Check' in the Remote Check Formats.
Process to Configure Dual Languages: Step 1: Create .rec files for all menu items
- Open Notepad
- Spell the name of the item in the desired language
- Example: Manzana
- Save the file with a .rec file extension in the Images folder on the Focus computer
Note: There can be NO spaces in the file name and the file name can be NO longer than 16 characters.
- If prompted to overwrite the file extension, select yes
- Example: apple .rec
- Repeat for each item
Step 2: Add the .rec file to the menu item
- Navigate to Menu > MenuItems
- Find the menu item
- Attach the .rec file in the Recipe File box
- Select Save and Close
Note: No changes need to be made to the Remote Check Format. If a .rec file is placed into the Recipe File of a menu item, the text in the .rec file will automatically print to the remote printer by default. This is a universal setting.