There are times when you may want an automated email for your monthly sales as opposed to using the daily sales report and selecting the dates for an entire month. Follow these simple steps to set up an automated collection report for your monthly sales.
- Enter Setup from the Access code screen by selecting the wrench icon and then selecting Setup.
- Once in Setup, Navigate to Reports>Setup on the top menu bar.
- Once in Reports, navigate to an empty report field and select it. Name the report and select Collection Report as the type.
- Under Collection Report Options for Date select Previous Month. Under Reports to Include in Collection, select Email - Daily Sales. By doing this you are telling the Collection Report to run the daily sales for the entire previous month as shown below.
- Navigate to Miscellaneous>Time Ranges�on the top menu bar.
- In Time Ranges, select a blank Time Range from the left field and Name it. For Days of Month, we want to put 1 in the first field. This means that your report will be sent on the first of the month for the previous month. For Start and Stop times you may enter when you want your report to send out. Make sure to fill it out for each day of the week as the first of the month may land on any of those days. Once completed, select Save and Close. It should look like the example shown below.
- Now we will set up an Event to send the report by heading into Miscellaneous>Events. Once in Events select a blank event from the left and name it. Set the type to Report and make sure to select the checkbox Active. Now under Report Options in the Report drop down box select the Collection Report you set up. For Frequency select Interval, and Active Time set to the Time Range you set up earlier. The Interval will be 15 since it will only send the email once in 15-minute window. It should look like the example below. Once complete select Save and Close.
- Congrats! You have successfully set up a Monthly Sales Report!
Please sign in to leave a comment.