Using the Non-Sales (NS) Report Groups
Non-Sales Report Groups are used to track accountability for items that establishments collect payments on but are not actual sales. This doc- ument describes how to setup Non-Sales Report Groups and shows how they are displayed on the sales reports.
Note: NS Report Groups are often used for tracking paper Gift Certificates or collected donations.
Process to setup Non-Sales Report Groups
- While in Setup, Navigate to Reports > Groups
- Scroll down to an available Report Group
- Place 'NS-' in front of the report group name
- Example: NS-Gift
- Example: NS-Charity
- Select Save and Close
- Add a menu item such as 'Donation Local Charity'
- Select the NS-Charity as the 'Report Group'
l Add the Menu Item to a Canvas
l When NS-XXXXXX items are sold, the Daily Sales Report will report them below Total Sales