Sales Contest Reports allow you to rank sales for a single item or group of items by the employee. These reports can be created for a single day or span multiple days as well as be restricted to certain times and jobs.
To configure a new report you first need to access the Report Setup:
- Navigate to the Wrench icon on the Home Screen (Note: Some customers may skip this step if launching the application from a BOH PC.)
- Press Setup and enter your Manager Access Code
- Find Reports on the menu options bar located on the top
- Select Setup from the menu drop down
Once the Report Setup window opens, find a blank spot to create your new report:
- Type in the name of your new report in the Name field
- From the Type drop down box select Sales Contest Report
- From here you can now select different options detailed below for this Sales Contest Report
|# of Employees||The number of Employees the contest will display.Note: Entering 0 will display all Employees.|
|Include Gift Cards||The contest will display Gift Card sales. Note: Gift card activations and increments are included in the counts and sales respectively if this option is on.|
|Include Zero Priced Items||The report will include items that were sold for $0.00.|
|Use Jobs||The report will run for the selected Jobs. Note: Click the 'Jobs" button to select the Jobs to include in the report.|
|Jobs||When selecting 'Use Jobs' this will take you to a screen to select the Jobs to be included.|
|Performance Level Method||
Creating a Menu Item Filter allows you to control what items will be included in the sales comparison. For example, if you want to run a contest for appetizer sales for all servers, you may want to create a menu item filter the narrows down the items by report group or canvas.
Access the Menu Item Filter setup directly from the report setup by clicking on the italicized header that reads "Menu Item Filter". You may find a filter already exists, or you can create a new one by selecting a blank filter and setting the criteria. Below are some of the different options for the Menu Item Filter criteria.
The Type for the Menu Item Filter.
|Item||The corresponding options available in the drop-down box depending on what 'Type' is selected. For example, if you select 'Type>Canvas' the Items drop down box will display all Canvases that have been created. Select the particular Canvas you would like to filter.|
Once you have saved a menu item filter you may apply it to the contest report. It is also a good idea to test your filter in the Menu Item Setup to ensure it shows the correct items you wish to include in the Sales Contest Report.
The last step is to make your report viewable:
- Select the Output tab at the top of the Report Setup screen while still on your current Sales Contest Report
- Enter the number 5 in the Security Code box
- In the Screen Options check the Display checkbox
- Ensure the Revenue Center is set to "<NONE>" by selecting a revenue center then pressing the Delete button on your keyboard
Once complete you may select the Save and Close buttons at the bottom of the Report Setup screen.
Here is a video below showing you how to set up a Sales Contest Reporthttps://youtu.be/iUOsgMIe5xE