To convert an Epson U220 model printer you will need an Epson compatible Connect-IT interface card.
- Enabling communication between the card and the printer
- Turn the printer over and remove the screw holding the protection plate over the dip switchs
- Locate the 2nd bank of dip switches
- Set switch 2-4 to ON
- You can then self-test the printer to see if the Serial interface has been changed. If the interface still says "Serial", set 2-4 to OFF and set 2-8 to ON. You can then power off printer and perform another self-test. With 2-8 ON, it should now show as "Parallel or other" as its interface. This may vary from older U220s to newer ones, so results may vary.
- Change your computer to the IP range of the Connect-IT Card (default IP is 192.168.192.168)
- Navigate to the default IP address
- Under Configuration -> Network -> TCP/IP
- Confirm & configure the following:
- Get IP Address
- Set using Automatic Private IP Addressing (APIPA)
- Set using PING
- IP Address
- Use the IP schema as necessary for the site. Remember all IP printers start at 192.168.X.231 and above
- Subnet Mask
- Unless extenuating circumstances require a different IP subnet
- Default Gateway
- Use the sites default gateway as determined for the site.
- Click SUBMIT
- The printer will now load its settings.
- You can confirm the configuration by pressing & holding the Connect-IT IF Card button on the card itself for 3-seconds while the printer is on.