Focus can communicate to an Office printer as long as it's on a local or shared network by using the IP address and configuring as necessary.
If installing a printer for the first time on a local network, we recommend downloading the Printer's drivers from the Manufacturer website and install the driver by following the application's step by step instructions. Note: This is recommended since Manufacturer driver applications use a step-by-step process to find and install the printer on the local network (given it's turned on, receives an IP address and can be pinged successfully).
If installing a printer on a shared network, you'll first want to find out the IP address of the printer on the shared network. Once you obtain the IP address, navigate to the Control Panel:
- View Devices and Printers
- Add a Printer
- Choose "The Printer that I want isn't listed" (verbiage may be different depending on the Windows OS)
- Find Printer by other options>Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname
- Press Next
- For Device Type, change to TCP/IP Device
- For Hostname or IP Address, input the IP address of the printer on the shared network
- Press Next
- You can now find the printer on the list and install as needed by following the rest of the prompts and choosing Next. Once installed, perform a test page to see if anything prints. If Windows can see the printer, and the Printer Port is pointing to that printer's IP Address, it should print. If no printer can be found on the device list, it may be necessary to download the drivers and install the printer itself manually and point this newly installed Printer to the correct IP address in the Printer Port configuration.
- If no IP port is listed, choose Add Port and repeat above steps for the Hostname or IP Address configuration
If Windows has performed a Test Page successfully, Focus should be able to print reports to it as well. You can then set this Printer to its Windows default by going into View Printers and Devices and right-clicking the newly installed Printer and choose Set as default printer.