Payment Reapply is a manager level function that allows you to charge a previously ran credit card on a different or new check. Jobs with the job right "Payments - Reapply" turned on will be able to use this function.
From Focus POS Order Entry:
- Access the check you wish to apply the payment to via check viewer, floor plan or tab list.
- Navigate to the Manager Functions or Payments canvas.
- From Manager Functions select Pmt Reapply / Payment Reapply OR from the Payments canvas select the payment type you wish to apply then tap on the header named "Account".
- Transactions from the current date will be displayed. If you need to apply a card from a previous day tap on the calendar icon in the top left corner of the Payment Reapply screen.
- Tap on the payment you wish to apply. Transactions will be listed by check number, however, the time ran, dollar amount and partial card number will also be listed.
- Select the OK button.
- You will be prompted to confirm you wish to use the highlighted payment on the current check. Press OK to continue.
- The normal credit card payment box will appear allowing to to adjust the amount being paid before applying the payment. When ready you may select OK to apply the payment. The CANCEL button will allow you to cancel the payment reapply.
NOTE: Unless using the FORCE option to type in an approval code, the card account will process a new authorization.
Please sign in to leave a comment.