Sales Tax rates in Focus can be changed in the Taxes section of Setup. Please check with your State and local Country laws to ensure you are inputting the correct tax, as once inputted and saved, the tax is live on customer checks once all POS stations receive the changes.
To configure the Sales Tax Rate within Focus to apply the applicable tax rate, first log into FocusPOS Setup:
- Navigate to the Wrench icon on the Home Screen
- Press Setup and enter your Manager Access Code
- Find Order Entry on the menu options bar located on the top
- Select Taxes from the drop down selector
- In Taxes, you'll find all of the tax rates used at your establishment.
- Place your cursor in each Rate field and change the tax rate as needed for all taxes.
- Note, your site may use a variety of taxes dependent on item, Order Type or Type of tax. In most cases, the same tax rate applies to each tax on the list if that selected tax charges a rate.
- Once complete, press Save and Close. You can then Logout of Setup and the system will now be live with the new tax rates.
Here is a video below showing you how to perform a Tax Rate change: