Report Groups are the primary reporting bucket for Focus POS. This article explains how to create a new Report Group and change a menu item to report to that group.
- Creating a new Report Group
- Navigate to Focus Setup > Reports > Groups
- Locate an unused report group
- Unused report groups are typically groups that do not have a name to them.
- Note: Report Groups will be displayed on the Daily Sales Report (DSR) in the order that they exist in the Report Groups screen
- Enter the desired name for the report group into the Name field.
- If you are using Super Groups to further enhance your reporting capabilities, select the applicable Super Group from the Super Group drop down list
- Note: Super Groups are not required. If you use the Focus Daily Sales Report (Daily Report) set to Super Groups in the Super Groups drop down, and you omit a Super Group from your newly created Report Group sales from the Report Group will not show in the Daily Sales Report. The totals on the Daily Sales Report will be reflective of the omitted Report Group sales however.
- Once completed, press Save and Close
- Changing the Report Group of a Menu Item
- Navigate to Focus Setup >Menu > Menu Items
- Locate the menu item that needs to have it's Report Group changed
- In the Report Group field, drop down the list and select the desired Report Group
- Press Save
- All sales from this point forward will be bucketed into the newly selected Report Group.
- Historical sales for the menu item will report to the original Report Group
- Historical menu item sales CANNOT be changed to reflect the newly created Report Group.
Please sign in to leave a comment.