QSR Kitchen Video controllers come equipped with a built-in software called DeviceAgent. This application allows the controller to communicate with ControlPoint. In order for the controller to show on ControlPoint, QSR DeviceAgent must be running. If the controller is not listed in ControlPoint, you may need to reset the DeviceAgent. This article explains how to reset the DeviceAgent on Windows CE based controllers (also known as eXceed Controllers).
DeviceAgent may become de-registered for several reasons. One of which may be a corrupt OS load configuration.
- Connect to the QSR Controller via VNC
- If prompted for a password enter qsr
- Using ALT+F4 terminate the Kitchen Client or QSRDisplayClient if it is running.
- Double-click My Devicet o bring up the CE Explorer
- Navigate to Hard Disk
- Locate the application:ResetDeviceAgent and execute it.
- The controller will reboot, reregister the DeviceAgent and should be accessible in ControlPoint