FocusMobile provides your floor staff with the power of the FocusPOS system in the palm of their hands. Designed strictly for Apple iOS, FocusMobile is the quickest way to get orders into your FocusPOS system table-side.
Let's walk through the steps to download, install and configure FocusMobile on an Apple iOS Device
|Downloading FocusMobile from Apple App Store
- Download the FocusMobile app from the Apple App Store.
- Search for Focus POS and locate "Focus Mobile" from the list of provided apps
- Once Downloaded, you should see the FocusMobile app on the device
|Configuring FocusMobile in iOS Settings
- Open the iOS Device's Settings app
- Scroll down and locate Focus Mobile
- Touch Focus Mobile
- You will see the FocusMobile settings displayed
- Under Server IP Address, enter the IP address of your FocusPOS eServer
- If you do not know this address, consult the Focus POS Helpdesk
- For Server Port, leave at 8221 unless instructed to change by the Focus POS Helpdesk
- Extra Settings, and the suggested state
- Order Alphabetically - ON
- This setting allows your menu items to be displayed alphabetically as opposed to the order in which they are displayed on a standard FocusPOS Terminal
- Override Name on Swipe - OFF
- This setting will replace the current Table/Tab Name with the name of the guest from their credit card, when a credit card is swiped using the Capture command.
- Lookup All Items -ON
- Allow a FocusMobile user to lookup all menu items in the FocusPOS System through the Lookup command
- Quick Scrolling -ON
- With Quick Scrolling enabled, users will scroll through one page of menu items at a time. With this function turned off, scrolling will be similar to how a web-page is scrolled using iOS.
- Remote Logging -ON
- Allows log data to be sent to the FocusPOS Server.
- Allow Locate? -ON
- Allows the FocusMobile device to attempt to automatically locate the FocusPOS eServer.
- Enable Signature Capture (beta)-OFF
- Will prompt for guest signature and tip entry after credit card is swiped. This function is designed for pay-at-the-table functions only and does not replace traditional payment acceptance.
|Configuring FocusMobile as a Station
- Open the Focus Mobile app
- You'll notice a red screen telling you to Register Device
- Press OK
- At the Access: (Mobile Station Assignment) screen, enter your Manager/Installer access code and press OK
- NOTE: The employee code being used to register the device MUST be clocked in to FocusPOS in order to proceed.
- You will now be prompted to Select A Station.
- The station list provided is based on the stations configured within FocusPOS as FocusMobile and the corresponding FocusPOS Licenses currently active for the restaurant.
- If a Station is not listed, contact the Focus POS Helpdesk, as they will need to configure the system for Focus Mobile usage.
- Select the station for which this Device will be assigned.
- You will be prompted to confirm to Register Device? Press OK
- Note: Any devices currently assigned to the selected device will be replaced with this device.
- You will receive a confirmation that the Device Registered! Press OK
- Setup is now complete. You may begin using your FocusMobile device.
Please sign in to leave a comment.