Remote Printer Setup
In Focus POS serial and IP printers can to be configured to remotely print prep tickets. This article outlines how to configure the remote printers.
Process to Configure Remote Printers
- While in Setup navigate to Printers > Remotes.
- Select a Printer you would like to editor an available slot from the list on the left.
- Enter a Printer name.
- Select the Station the Remote Printer is attached to if using a serial printer.
- Select the Station responsible for handle print jobs if using an IP printer.
- Select a printer driver matching the type of Remote Printer being used.
- Set the port the printer is connected to or set to IP.
- Input the IP Address of the Remote Printer if applicable.
- Select the Baud Rate of the printer if using serial .9600 is standard.
- If using an IP Printer, a Baud rate is not required.
- Select a Backup Printer if applicable.
- Enable Use Local Printer if applicable.
- Select the Remote Check Format for each Order Type.
- Hit Save and restart Focus on all Stations.
Please sign in to leave a comment.