From time to time, you may want to export Employee data into a spreadsheet. Common fields you may want include are Employee Name, Phone Number, Access Code, ID1 or ID2 custom fields, etc. There are a host of columns to export from the Employees window that you would want to see in an Excel format.
To do this in Focus:
- Navigate to Setup (Wrench icon)
- Choose Employees and type in your Access Code
- With the list of Employees displayed, press Tools>Print All
- A new window will appear. From here, you can check off which fields you would like to appear as a column on a .csv excel sheet.
- As you can see above, the checkbox needed to export into a .csv format is the "Comma Delimited" option. Check this and press "Print"
- A File Name window will now appear. You can save the file name as however you wish or keep the "employee.txt" naming. After pressing OK, Focus will save it to the root Focus folder on the drive where Focus is installed. This could be C:, D: or any other drive the main Focus folder is on.
- To complete the process, find the file and rename the .txt file extension to .csv. This can now be opened in Excel with the available columns you checked off from the steps above.