You can process a refund to any card ran through the system without getting the full card number from the customer. You will need to at least know a date, last 4 of the card number, name and dollar amount charged to identify the correct transaction.
From Focus Order Entry
- Navigate to the 'Functions' canvas
- Click the 'Refunds' button
- A list of the refunds from today's date is displayed in the 'Refunds' window
- Click 'New' to create a new refund
- Select 'Type' to indicate the type of credit card
- Click 'Find' and a new window will open showing transactions from today
- In the top left corner select the calendar icon to choose the date when the card was originally processed
- Select the card you wish to refund and click 'Ok'
- You will be prompted to confirm the card you will be submitting a refund to, select 'Ok' to continue
- You will then have the opportunity to enter the dollar amount to put back on the card, select 'Ok' to continue
- Your refund will then be verified and stored in the current credit card batch
- The refund will be fully processed upon batching
Note: You may use the refund function for refunding payments other than credit cards as well. During Step 4 above select the 'Type' as 'Cash' and enter the refund as applicable. If your cash drawer is set to open upon cash transaction, your drawer will open upon completion of the refund process.