In most FocusPOS-equipped restaurants, various Locations are configured to allow for proper revenue recognition and workflow processing. These Locations allow you to dictate (amongst other things):
- The prices that are charged for items rang in that location
- The Sales Tax that is charged for items rang in that location
- Where printer groups will print when rang from that location
- What menu canvases are displayed for Employees in that location
- The default Revenue Center and Order Type for the location
FocusPOS has the ability to dictate the location to be used based on a Floor Plan table. For example (assuming: tables 100-125 are patio, tables 50-75 are dining room), every time you press table 104, you will automatically be taken to the Patio location and the applicable Patio workflows, routing, pricing & taxes will be used. You can then go back to your floor plan and select table 57 and the dining room location will be used.
There are two steps to configurationLocation by Table Number.
- First step is to obtain your Location #
- Log into FocusPOS Setup > Locations > Locations
- Note the order that your locations are listed in.
- Using the example above:
- Dining Room is location 1
- Bar is location 2
- Patio is location 3
- Cocktail is location 4
- Take Out is location 11
- Be sure to write these down, as you'll be referring to them shortly
- The second step is to build your Floor Plan and specify the Location # and Table Number in the Caption field
- From FocusPOS Setup > Menu > Canvas Designer
- Locate your Floor Plan
- If you're using a Focus POS California Database from 2013 to Winter 2016, your floor plan will be in the canvas # 100 range.
- If you're using a Focus POS California Database from Spring 2016 or newer, your floor plan will be in the canvas # 220 range.
- If you're unsure what Database version you're using, simply scroll through the canvas list until you find the floor plan.
- Select the table that you'd like to assign to a location.
- In Canvas Inspector (the toolbar on the left side of the screen), find the Caption field
- After the table number, enter:
%L# (replace # with the location number that you want to use)
- If your table number is 104 and you want it to be in the Patio location (using all examples above)
- Refer to the images below as an example