Using the "Return Item" command, this allows the user to place an Item back into inventory and helps to refund a customer's money. Each item that is returned is displayed as a negative amount on the check.
- Create an item entitled, "!! Return Item!!" for $0 and ensure the Variable Price and Kitchen Comment option is not checked
- Navigate to Setup>Order Entry>Packages
- Create a new package called, "Return Item" with the following:
- Command 1: Menu Item: !! Return Item !!
- Command 2: Command: Return Item
- Place package button on the desired canvas or Command Ribbon to use.
- Once selected, this package will place the !! Return Item !! onto a check. The very next item you select will ring in as a negative amount, creating the negative balance.
- Now with a negative balance, you may now tender out the negative amount to the desired Payment Type
**Note** When performing this function, there will be no "Refund" reporting to the Refund Window, Audit Report, or Sales Report indicating you refunded an amount. This will only be listed as a negative Report Group item and subtract as needed. However, if a credit card is used, the Batch details will include this negative amount to be settled**Note**
- The Audit Report and NFocus Dashboard, however, will show a category entitled, "Return Items", for tracking and audit purposes.