Menu Item Filters allow you to create and save a filter that can be used for the following applications:
- Filter menu items shown in Menu Items
- Restrict a discount to only a group of items
- Run a report for only a group of items
To Access and Create Menu Item Filters
From Focus Back of House
- Click on Menu -> Menu Items
- Once in Menu Items, select the Find button from the bottom row of commands.
- The saved filters will be listed on the left hand side under the header Menu Item Filters.
- You may have some filters that have already been saved for you based on the categories of your menu.
- To create a new filter, select an unnamed filter from the left hand column.
- Any filter where the name is just a number should be a blank or unused filter.
- Before creating a filter, you must decide how you are going to be sorting or filtering menu items based on the settings of your menu items.
- You can use the following criteria to filter items:
- Report Group - Selects all items assigned to that specific report group. Multiple report groups can be selected.
- A Specific Menu item Tap/click each item to highlight several specific items. This method is not as useful for large groups of items.
- Printer Group All items that are assigned to that specific printer group.
- Option Selection -- Items that have the selected option(s) set.
- Type Setting -- All items set to either Bar, Food or Other.
- Sort Code -- The two character code that is set in the menu item setup can be used to filter out groups of items. This is the most commonly used option for menu item filters.
- Cncpt Type -- Used in multi-concept sites for reporting, the Concept Type can also used to filter out groups of items. Cncpt Type is set in the menu item properties.
- Meal Stage -- All items assigned to that specific meal stage.
- Tax Rates -- All items that are assigned to specific tax rates.
- Canvas the Item Appears On -- All items that appear on that specific canvas or canvases.
- Items That Call a Specific Modifying Canvas -- All items that use that page as a modifier canvas.
- Note: You can use multiple options to filter, such as report group and canvas to create more detailed filters.
- Once you select your options for the filter, use the Name field to give a descriptive name for the filter.
- Commonly this name will be either the group of items you are filtering or the name of what they are being used for.
- Select Save from the bottom row of commands to save your new filter.
- Once saved you can use this filter in Discounts or in menu items and canvases to just look at specific groups of items instead of the whole menu.
- When you're finished select the filter that you've recently created and click "Find". The menu items that you are filtering will now be displayed in the Menu Item screen.
Please sign in to leave a comment.