How to Setup an Accounting Interface
The procedure to create an Accounting Interface is listed below.
Procedure to Establish an Accounting Interface
- Retrieve the Chart of Accounts.
- While in Focus Setup, select Miscellaneous > Accounting Interfaces.
- Select Line 1 in the Accounting Interface Window.
- Select the appropriate Sales Type for the account.
- Enter the Quick Books account number into the Account Number field. Note: The Account Number entered is case-sensitive and must match the account number exactly.
- Repeat the process for the necessary Sales Types to complete the GL entry.
Example 1 Accounting Interface Setup
The following example is used when Item and Subtotal Discounts are used. The Report Group Discounts are added back into the Report Group Sales to calculate a gross dollar amount and then the Discount is debited for the entry.�