Getting access to your FOCUS Data
There are three standard methods for getting access to your FOCUS Data via FOCUS' FocusLink API:
- XML Datafeed via REST GET
- JSON Datafeed via REST GET
- Custom JSON-based API endpoints providing specific data
Both the XML and JSON Datafeeds share the same properties. You may download a copy of the Datafeed Structure here: http://bit.ly/2Q5B7Uy
- General configuration data
- Order Types
- Revenue Centers
- Void Types
- Termination Reasons
- Job Skills
- Paid Outs
- Paid Ins
- Menu Configuration Data
- Menu Item Filters
- Menu Items
- Report Groups (Sales Category)
- Super Groups (Major Sales Category)
- Employee Data
- Employee records
- Timecard records
- Includes all timecard edits performed on that day of business.
- Job configurations
- Labor Groups
- Sales Data
- Check records
- Including check item detail
- Payment record detail
- Clients using FocusPay payment processing will have cardholder name & safe card number data included in Payment Record
- Batch details
- Batch detail only available for clients using traditional swipe-based credit card processing
- Item delete details
- Records of menu items that are rang, but immediately deleted before being saved to POS.
- Check records
- Sales Summary Data
XML Datafeed via REST GET
With this method, Third Party Integrators (TPIs) can make a simple HTTP GET request to the FocusLink API.
Download a sample of the XML Datafeed here: http://bit.ly/39HDODB
You can read more about accessing XML Datafeed here: Focus-Link XML Datafeed API Access
JSON Datafeed via REST GET
Using this method TPIs can make a simple HTTP GET request to FocusLink and obtain the Datafeed values in a JSON format.
Custom API Endpoints
TPIs who desire to obtain limited data, not the full POS dataset can have custom API Endpoints created for them. Once created, these endpoints are private and respond only to the TPIs Authentication token.
For more information about having custom endpoints constructed for your application, click here.