Posting Online Order via FocusLink
Using FocusLink, Online Ordering Providers (OOPs) can post orders to restaurants' Focus systems via the FocusLink API.
OOPs must be registered with Focus POS as a FocusLink Integrator and have a valid FocusLink license. For information on using a FocusLink Integrator License, click here.
To post an order to a FocusLink equipped system, OOPs will make a REST POST call to:
In the body of the POST call, the OOP will include the order using Focus' XML Online Order Format.
More information about this format is available here.
Upon successful POSTing, FocusLink will return a response payload containing:
- If the OOP provided a CustomerOrderID in the Order request, the CustomerOrderID will be returned here via reference
- A successful Order will present a “Success” response
- Unsuccessful orders will return a value corresponding to the error.
- NOTE: Due to the variety of errors that OOPs may encounter, we do not document or list all possible error codes. It is recommended that OOPs trap error responses from the POS, log and handle accordingly.
- If an order is successful, POS will return the store’s check number for reference. This check number is the unique identified for this order, this restaurant, this day.
- NOTE: Check numbers are reset daily at the POS. The OOP should not use this ID as a primary key by itself.
- Orderers may want to use this check number as reference when picking up their order.
- Formatted Date Time
- The date/time that the order was entered and processed into the POS
<CustomerOrderID value="3576960" />
<response value="Success" />
<check value="96" />
<timestamp value="02/06/2020 08:49pm" />