FocusOnline Guest Ordering Process
While how a guest might get to the online ordering site might differ, the steps to order will be similar.
- Guests access the FocusOnline site by going to the locations URL.
- The guest can navigate the menus at the top for the different sections of the menu.
- Once a guest selects an item they will be shown options such as price levels if they are set, modification options, 'Special Instructions', and 'Who is this for?' options. To order the item, they may hit the 'Add to Order' button which also displays the price.
- When items are added to the online order, the full cart will display on the right sidebar. To close out of this, hit the X in the top corner.
- The guest can access their cart at any time by clicking on the cart icon in the top right corner.
- When they are ready to check out they may hit the Checkout button at the bottom of the cart view.
- During the checkout process, they will be asked to select an Order Type, a date/time they want the order, any order type custom fields, and tip if turned on. Once done selecting order information, they will click the Continue button at the bottom. At this point, FocusOnline will check with the store level POS to confirm stock, prices, taxes, and order type fees for all items.
- If their payment method is a credit card, it will ask for payment information. This will either be done via a browser extension or through a fillable form that asks for the guest's name, contact info, credit card, and billing address information.
- If the payment is approved the order is sent to the POS and a confirmation will display in the sidebar. The guest will receive an email with a link to their receipt and a text message confirming their order.
- If the payment is declined, an error will display to the guest so they can fix or change their payment information.
- From the confirmation area, the guest can input a password to save their information for a faster checkout process the next time they order.